Scientists are in a race to find the best cure for CORONAVIRUS as the global death toll crossing 16,000
Anti-viral drug was used for treatment in China
Anti-viral drug called Interferon Alfa-2B produced by a Cuban-Chinese joint venture ChangHeber and it is produced in CHINA. The drug has reportedly been effective in the treatment of HIV, human papilloma virus, Hepatitis B and C
The so called “Cuban drug” has proven effective in treatment of viruses, that shows characteristics as that of novel coronavirus.
Ireland is considering to bring in Cuban drugs to combat COVID-19. The entire world is appreciating CUBA for sending emergency contingent of doctors and nurses to fight the novel coronavirus in Italy.
The effectiveness of the interferon treatment on COVID-19 is yet to be scientifically proven
What are interferons?
- They are proteins that are part of our body’s natural defence systems. The name is derived from the word ‘interfere’ because they interfere with viruses and prevent them from multiplying
- There are three types of interferons, according to WebMD
- They (interferon drugs) man-made versions of the proteins that the human body creates
- Interferon drugs first emerged for “Cancer Therapy”
- Interferons have also been used in the treatment of HIV and AIDS
In 1981, Cuba manufactured its first interferon. It used in the treatment of the haemorrhagic dengue epidemic in Cuba, the same year. Later, the country manufactured ‘recombinant’ human interferon Alfa-2B in 1986
It is still unclear which drug can successfully combat CORONAVIRUS, since three months into pandemic. Different countries try various combinations to treat its patients.
Remdesivir, the antimalarial drug chloroquine (or the related hydroxychloroquine), a combination of two HIV drugs, and those same two HIV drugs along with the anti-inflammatory interferon beta. WHO recently launched a multicountry clinical trial to test four drug combinations that have yielded results – n experimental n this antiviral drug